Objectives of the Proposal To Assess Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Ayurvedic Drug SC3 and Drug Formulation of CCRAS AYUSH-RP, in Sickle Cell Anemia Patients.
1) On severity of different clinical parameters
2) On values of different hematological parameters.
3) On different biochemical parameters in Sickle cell Anemia patients. The study is complete and the report is submitted to sponsor. Workshop for AYUSH (Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy) practitioners :
1) Re-orientation and training workshop on Sickle Cell Disease' was organized at Ahmed Garib Unani Medical College, Akkalkuwa, Dist.Nandurbar on 1st and 2nd March 2006.
1.1) Re-orientation and training workshop on Sickle Cell Disease' was organized at K.V.T.R.Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, At Boradi Tal.Shirpur, Dist.Dhule on 29th and 30th August 2006.
1.2) Re-orientation and training workshop on Sickle Cell Disease' was organized at D.S. Naik Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Nagaon on 28th and 29th June 2006
In this project essential investigations like Hb%, HIV, Blood Group, were carried out. Also apart from free medicines awareness campaign was undertaken. The beneficiaries were also provided with Blankets, Woolen cloths, Umbrellas and warm accessories to prevent the crisis and improve the quality of life.
In year 2006 Eye check up camp was organized by Maharashtra Arogya Mandal at Sickle Cell Dawakhana Dhadgaon with the kind Support of Dr. Sharad Patil Ophthalmic Surgeon Nashik. In this camp near about 500 patients had under gone medical examination and treatment.
5) Comprehensive family studies of the Sickle Cell Anaemia Patients. Funded by (Arbieter Wolfart Organisation) AWO Germany (2007-2008 Total Villages visited: 54 from Nandurbar District Total Family studied. : 116
Six Health Camps were organized at Sickle Cell Dawakhana Roshmal (Bk), Tal. Dhadgaon, Dist. Nandurbar & at Ashramshala Molagi, Tal. Akkalkuwa, Dist. Nandurbar in the period from 1st October 2005 to 30th September 2006. Medical and sickle cell screening camps were conducted in various Ashramshala of Nandurbar District. Medical social workers of MAM & M.P.W. from the rural Hospital of Dhadgaon were involved in the publicity of Health exhibition (Mela) in which following activities were conducted.
1. Lab diagnostic facilities to identify sufferer & carrier.
2. Health education and Marriage counseling. Well known internationally famous scientist in the field of genetics and Sickle Cell Disease and Hemoglobinopathies Dr.G.R.Sergeant from Jamaica (W.I.) visited our Sane Guruji Hospital and Sickle Cell Centre at Pune along with his wife Mrs.Beryl Serjeant (Pathologist). We also organized a lecture series for urban population groups, doctors who are working in the field of genetics and for the AYUSH practitioners of Hadapsar area, a part of Pune city.
3) Naturopathy workshop for general people –National Institute of Naturopathy, Ministry of Health, Dept. of AYUSH, Govt. of India, Bapu Bhavan, Tadiwala Road, Pune - 411 001.( 2006-07) Naturopathy Health Education Programme for General Public was conducted by Maharashtra Arogya Mandal's Sumatibhai Shah Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Hadapsar, Pune - 411 028. And on 30/10/06 to 31/10/06 at Bhoi Samaj Mandir,A/P Wadphalya, Tal-Dhadgaon, Dist-Nandurbar, Sickle Cell Dawakhana, Roshmal (Bk.), Tal-Dhadgaon, Dist-Nandurbar
Various Schools and Ashramshala were screened for Diagnosis of Sickle Cell Anaemia and Prevention with Information related to Marriage (Marriage counseling). Camps were conducted at: - Hondya Roshmal, Ganor, Roshmal Bk Veli Bhagrapani and Rajbardi